safe working practises
Showforce has partnered with industry safety specialist The Event Safety Shop (tess) to develop Covid-19 protocols and risk assessments specifically for our global crewing business.
The new working practises have been written in-conjunction with our NEBOSH qualified health, safety and training manager, Laurence Jones and the highly experienced team at tess. They are designed to minimise the risk of infection and ensure the safety of Showforce’s crew, clients and fellow contractors in the working environment, wherever practicably possible.
The protocols and risk assessments are comprehensive and robust and consider a wide array of factors and situations where the risk of transmission of Covid-19 needs to be considered and reduced. These include:
• Travel to and from site
• Additional sanitisation procedures
• Dedicated welfare areas for crew
• Social distancing where possible (if a task requires two people for safety this takes preference in the hierarchy of controls)
• Daily health check register and temp recording for all crew before commencing work
• Development of work bubbles or buddies.
All Showforce crew have undergone rigorous in-house training in the new protocols, in line with our existing exemplary safety record.
The safety of our crews, clients and fellow industry suppliers is paramount, these policies ensure that the crew arrive to site well trained and ready to work, delivering an additional layer of support and assurance for clients.